I love waking up on a Saturday morning in my own bed, and since next week I won't be here, I am enjoying being home. It's raining and gray outside but my garden looks vibrant as it soaks in all the water coming from the skies. I've noticed more birds in my backyard and they warm my heart.
I made a decision that I want to make some changes in 2011 and I put it in motion yesterday. When I was asked at lunch where I see myself, my answer was helping people. My life usually just happens. When I hope for something too much, it usually does not materialize. I am hoping to clear my mind in Costa Rica. I need to clear all the thoughts and emotions clogging me right now.
Some high level thoughts for this year:
- Be part of a community that unleashes my creativity and desire to make a difference in the world
- Work at a company that values what I bring and compensates me with interesting work and an ability to retire early
- Take more time off and explore the world
- Go back to Africa
- Spend more time with friends, wherever they are in the world
- Get clairty on what's next
- Write and share more
- Going on a cooking retreat
Now, for some more wonderful coffee and a Netflix movie streaming on my new Apple TV ... of course, a foreign film ...